UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Sunday 8 January 2017

The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck: A Nice List For 2017

I totally flaked on being even a half-decent blogger over Christmas and I have no excuse so let's just leave that at that. I can't promise I'm going to be a good blogger this year, nor am I going to give a generic list of impossible resolutions for the year in this post.

I recently read The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck by Sarah Knight: a light-hearted read all about why it's totally bloody fine to reject your co-worker's spin class invitation and other useful practices in being happy. It kind of inspired me. I reckon we should all be nicer to ourselves this year: do the things we want to do. 

Never mind resolutions. I've made a nice list of things I would, indeed, like to do more in 2017.

Walk more
I bloody hate exercise. I hate talking about exercise. I'm going to stop pretending I'd like to exercise more because although I used to be decent at running and despite how much I like buying sportswear, I don't enjoy it. I do however enjoy walking. Hiking, rambling, walking down the road to Tesco and buying cake: I endeavour to do all the above more often.

Learn something new
If I were making a list of resolutions, I would say "I am going to learn to drive". However, the thought of doing so frankly terrifies me and I'm not willing to guilt myself into it. Instead, I'm going to keep it on my agenda: even if I take one lesson, chill. I'd also like to learn more about forensic science and get some new recipes under my belt.

Make a house a home
One of my favourite things that happened in 2016 was moving into my first apartment with Gil. I've been reading interior design and home magazines since I was little, and it's quickly become evident that I enjoy spending money on things for my house more than things for myself. I'm making interior decorating my new hobby, even if that just means raiding Sostrene Grene every now and again.

Make life simpler
If there's anything I learned from Knight's book, it's to make things simple. Just read the title: stop caring about what others think. Say no to stuff you don't want to do, then say yes when the events, people or things involved bring you growth or happiness. Yes, pizza fits into that bracket.

What's on your nice list?
Happy new year!
xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig