UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Review: Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick

Before I got my hands on these, my knowledge of US brand Mary Kay was pretty much limited to the mention in Kacey Musgraves' song, 'Merry Go Round.' Her mama's hooked on it though...so there's gotta be something to it! From what I can gather, the brand is kind of mid-range (MAC-esque) and pretty popular (correct me, US readers, if I am wrong.) These new shades of their True Dimensions lipsticks are recent releases and retail at £14 here in the UK: here's what I thought of the two shades I tried. 

Packaging The look of these lipsticks is really stunning. They come in individual boxes that look sleek and professional. The casing of the product itself is the most interesting thing. The lids come all the way down the bullet and open by clicking and pushing the top window of the lipstick. Interesting, but I can see myself getting frustrated when I try to put my lipstick on in a rush and realise they don't function the same way as the rest of the lipstick world!
Product
Barely Nude- A pink-toned nude
Tangerine Pop- A coral-toned orange 
(Both contain some shimmer)

The formula of the True Dimensions lipsticks is infused with sunflower seed oil, jojoba and mango butter to help keep lips smooth, along with vitamin E to help protect lips from free radicals and environmental damage. This therefore means that they're incredibly creamy and sit somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick. As you can see below...the effect is amazing. These make a perfect everyday lipstick, especially for summer- the sheen finish makes them extremely wearable.
Downsides? The smell of these isn't the best. They smell and taste quite 'waxy.' I'm pretty sure they're rose-scented, so if that floats your boat you'll be fine. If not, well, you may just find that they look so good on that the smell/taste is a non-issue (that's my attitude!)
Despite the slight downside to this product, I think the finish is amazing and very wearable. Would I rather have a MAC lipstick for £2 more? Yes. However, these lipsticks are incredibly pretty and I will definitely be getting some serious use out of them this summer. 

What's your experience with Mary Kay? Let me know if you like the sound of these lipsticks! xo 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Tangerine Pop looks gorgeous- Great review x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried these, but it seems like Mary Kay has upped their beauty game lately. Love the barely nude shade. :) Thanks for the review.
    Melodies & Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before but those colours are stunning! Such beautiful, natural tones...I'm going to have a browse now! xx Sophie/ www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig