UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Thursday 29 January 2015

Green Super Smoothie

I really do believe that getting fruit smoothies in to your diet is going to reduce the dull, tired appearance your skin can take on in the winter months. I've recently been using this recipe for a Spinach, apple and pineapple one which is as green as it is good. 
Trust me, this smoothie doesn't taste gross and grassy. Any smoothie containing a large amount of sweet fruits is really going to cancel out any salad flavour. You could alternatively use kale for this recipe too.
This recipe is quite a cheap one. Spinach and apples are inexpensive, and while you can use pineapple chunks, today I've just used juice. If you've got fruit that's looking a bit past its best then a smoothie is a perfect destination for it. If you're feeling super lazy, buying packaged fruit (of the more exotic kind) is also an option.
Cut the ingredients into small pieces, add a squeeze of lemon juice, some water/ice and blend.
Ta da!
Smoothies make a great breakfast alternative or just to take on the go. I'm the sort of person who needs sugar by about 11 am so I know that if I have a smoothie I'm not going to be tempted to snack in a bad way. This is a great way to get a load of goodness into your diet with minimal effort. 

Pour it out into bottles, refrigerate and enjoy! Does anyone have any tasty smoothie combos? Comment below!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love smoothies and milkshakes but I have to yet try one with vegetable on it. Maybe I should start with spinach?

    Jo of saycheesycake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach, cucumber, carrot, kale (though not my fave)...all work! (just get a sweet fruit in there)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I agree that smoothies are such a good way to get nutrients all in one drink quickly. I shall give it a go :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig