UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Favourites

Hello July! It's time for a roundup of my beauty besties for June. I've got a lot to say about some of these babies so you might want to get comfy... (and yes I realise I hadn't washed my brushes when I snapped these pics...they're clean now I swear!)
VO5 Firm Hold Hairspray I've finally found a hairspray that I like! This stuff keeps my curls in and my frizz at bay. So many affordable hairsprays leave hair crispy and gross, but this provides a great finish. It smells kinda like watermelon too.

Real Techniques Sculpting & Stippling Brushes I love Real Techniques and the women behind the brand, and whilst I've tried some of their smaller brushes before, I was super excited to get my hands on some face brushes. I'm going to review them quickly but separately since I have so much to say about them!

Sculpting brush: This angled brush is seriously the key to a perfect contour. It works amazingly with both cream and powder, so I like to use my cream Laroc contour then 'set' this with Benefit Hoola bronzer- all with just this one brush! It's the perfect size, angle and density to just slot beneath those cheekbones to carve out the perfect look.
Stippling brush: This brush is perfect if you want a really flawless but light coverage. I personally prefer a medium coverage at least, so this isn't my favourite foundation brush of all time (plus I'm addicted to my beauty blender anyway) but I can really appreciate how amazing this brush is if you like a lighter coverage, so thought I'd drop it in the faves!
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer I love this primer particularly for the way that it improves bare skin's appearance. It's a creamy consistency that sinks into the skin like a moisturiser, but leaves your skin beautifully matte. I wouldn't say it really helps with pore size but it definitely keeps shine at bay.

Garnier Fresh Cleansing Lotion I was looking for a product to take off both my eye makeup and my foundation, seeing as I find makeup wipes kinda gross (I just feel likes I'm smearing dirt all over my face?) This gentle lotion works like magic! I still have to wash my face after using it- just out of habit- but it really does do an excellent job. If I've been wearing particularly heavy makeup I find this so helpful in case I miss a spot through washing alone! 

St Tropez Instant Tan This stuff is going to be my summer addiction. This is a baby bottle given to me by a friend but I just know I'm going to get my hands on a full sized one sooner or later seeing as I've been going through this stuff at a crazy rate. A really gorgeous matte-finish instant tan that dries quickly, lasts ages (day to night-out proof at least) and washes off  easily with soap and warm water.

Kiko Shadow A beautiful little Kiko store just opened in Nottingham. I haven't had a chance to spend long in there but this shadow really caught my eye. This is shade 118 (grr, brands that don't name their shadows)- a brown/bronze with a shimmer finish. The pigment in it isn't sensational but it's pretty good and the colour is just so gorgeous! I can't wait to explore the store some more (recommendations please!)
Have you tried any of my June favourites? Let me know below! xo
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Kiko are a brand I am yet to try just because their shop in London is so manic whenever I go in there, but I always see people raving about their products x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy in this new one too...it must be good! xo

      Delete
  2. Rimmel StayMatte powder is one of my favorite summer products! I haven't tried Real Techniques brushes, but I keep hearing good things, so I think I'm going to pick up a few soon!

    Colleen | Buckeye Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Goes very well with this primer. Good choice, they're my faves! xo

      Delete
  3. I live halfway around the world from any kilo outlet but i'm so glad i stocked up when i was in rome. I really liked their brow marker, mineral foundation and nail polish!

    www.chloecake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great game plan ;) I will check them out...I remember the nail polishes looked great! xxx

      Delete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig