UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Nothing A Hot Bath Won't Cure

instagram: naomi_alice
Okay so there are some things a hot bath won't cure, obviously...but a bath is a darn good remedy for a lot of things. A place to relax; to read; to sing; to cleanse. Here's an ode to one of the oldest past times of our world and some of my bath time favourites.
A lil whisky lemonade never hurt nobody. Tea is almost as good. There's something about bubbles and alcohol (or alcohol with bubbles) that makes for perfect relaxation. 

I love reading in the bath. Magazines are good but they tend to get soggy and all the advertisements fall out so you're swimming in perfume ads and scratchcards. Take a book. Or a kindle. Just try not to drop it.
The steam opens up our pores and gets blood flowing to our face: baths are good for our skin. I like to use a face mask or just give my skin a really good cleanse. I'm currently loving La Roche-Posay Effaclar range. Review coming soon.

Candles just look so much more beautiful next to water. I picked some up from Primark the other day (the pink one in the pictures is a Watermelon one) and they're surprisingly lovely. 

Bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles. I hate most bath bombs. Instead, good old Radox Lavender is my absolute fave.
Bath Time Faves


Baths are the best relaxation. It's like a half-nap in water that smells good. Baths forever, eh. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this post! I need to take more baths!! I have been crazy busy and that sounds like the perfect way to relax especially with a good book!

    Meredith
    http://chicagobymeredith.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Meredith I hope you find the time! x

      Delete

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig