UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Monday 22 February 2016

Repairing Damaged Hair: New Garnier Ultimate Blends

As you may know (as if I haven't posted about it enough on Instagram), I recently had my long-ish hair cut into a long bob. I've always wanted long, princess hair, but seeing as my cloud-like frizzy locks require daily heat-styling, it's just never going to happen and I'm becoming okay with that. I'm like, almost totally cool with it. Almost.

Lobs are on trend and I'm finding it to be a much healthier hairstyle compared to my previous length. I do intend to grow my hair out again, but this time I'm desperate to do it right. I was already starting to see split ends when Garnier selected me to try out their new Ultimate Blends Strength Restorer Honey Treasures* range for damaged hair...

This delightful box arrived containing a shampoo, a conditioner, a balm and a serum, plus lots of confetti butterflies and other goodies. Day made! 

This range smells incredible, and upon opening the box I may have sat there for a little too long just inhaling. I'm a honey addict, so this range smells a little like heaven to me. 

Here's what I thought of the products themselves...

Shampoo + conditioner: This duo work nicely together and smell incredible. I find this shampoo to be the perfect balance between nourishing and cleansing (it won't leave any greasy residue and it definitely won't dry it out).
Balm: This is an in-shower hair balm that you use instead of conditioner once or twice a week, leaving it on for five minutes. You know those products you can just feel working? I knew this balm was going to give me great hair before I even washed it off. It's a super luxurious product to use and leaves your hair feeling silky soft and well-loved. I must admit, it gives you more noticable results that the conditioner - I'd use it every day if I could!
Serum: This serum can be used on damp or dry hair, and I've found both ways to be effective. I love the fact that this serum doesn't leave sticky residue on your hands and it does a great job of taming flyaways. If your hair is prone to frizziness, you need this. So long brittle hair!

If your ends are dry and your hair is prone to frizzy untameable craziness, I can't recommend this range enough. My hair was noticeably softer and glossier from the first use, not to mention more manageable. In terms of strength, I think the smoothness of my hair can vouch for that; the more damaged my hair, the rougher it feels. Added bonus - the honey scent sticks around. Obsessed!

Have you tried this range? Let me know your thoughts... xo

*The products reviewed in this post were gifted by the brand or company mentioned. All opinions are my own.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig